Get ready to belly up to the bar: starting today, Yelp Drinks Week is making its way to 18 markets across the US, Canada and London. From swanky restaurant bars to dive-y watering holes, Yelp Drinks is a week-long happy hour (2/27-3/4*) where participating establishments will be offering half off three of their best beverages!
In order to get ourselves into the spirit of, well, spirits, we decided to conduct yet another survey to gather some fun facts on how yelpers imbibe. Some of our favorite findings from respondents:
- Top 3 types of bars you’ll find yelpers sidling up to?
1) Dive bar (42%)
2) Craft cocktail bar (21%)
3) Sports bar (18%)
- Nearly 60% would prefer to sit next to Barack Obama over any other US presidential candidate (and, if you must know, “none” was the second most popular answer with 21% of the vote).
- Although it was a close draw, “an ice cold beer” was the leading contender for “go-to beverage”.
- When it comes to vino, red is the preferred choice with 60% of the vote, white pulling in 29% and bubbly trailing behind at 11%.
- And after last call, more than half of respondents claim they head home to pound some water and hit the hay vs. checking out the after party or drunk texting their ex.
Full List of Participating Cities:
Calgary (Calgary is hosting Yelp’s Triple Threat - a cool twist to Yelp Drinks Week that will incorporate food and art)
*Minneapolis (Yelp Drinks Week will kick off on 4/9)
*Orange County (Yelp Drinks Week will kick off on 3/5)
*Vancouver (Vancouver is testing out a fun spin on Yelp Drinks Week starting in March - stay tuned for more details!)