A few weeks ago, we announced some pretty jaw-dropping numbers:- Just over 1 in 4 searches on Yelp are performed from our popular iPhone application.
- Even more thrilling: every five seconds someone uses the Yelp app to call a local business.
And that's just from our iPhone application! Those of you keeping score know that we have Yelp applications for four other smartphone platforms and in fact, had 2 million unique visitors from all our apps in the past 30 days.So how does this kind of traffic impact you if you’re a small business owner? Assuming you’ve already unlocked your free business tools on Yelp, you should be getting my weekly email summarizing your Yelp listing’s activity for the week.
Today, we’ve started including mobile activity in this weekly summary. This includes:
- How many people looked at your business page from their Yelp app
- How many people called your business from their Yelp app
- How many people generated directions to your business from their Yelp app, and finally,
- How many people "checked in" to your business via the Yelp app.
We're excited about sharing this new data, and we hope it give the business community a better sense of the impact Yelp is having.
If you haven’t unlocked your free business tools on Yelp, what are you waiting for?