month, we announced the creation of the Yelp
Small Business Advisory Council (YSBAC), a formalized organization
of business owners who will provide Yelp management with input and
guidance regarding the concerns of small business owners. Business
owners across the nation were invited to submit their applications to
join YSBAC where they would have the opportunity to provide perspective
about the SMB community to Yelp.
- Jeff Diamond, Farmstead Wines &
Cheeses (Alameda, CA / Montclair Village, CA)
Gorin, MyEyeDr, (37 locations throughout Virginia, Maryland
and Washington, DC)
Hankins, Salon Ami (Scottsdale, AZ)
Hariz, Bridal Rings Company (Los
- Gina Higgins, The Irish Times (South Miami, FL)
- Kurt Huffman, Pok Pok / Ping / Foster Burger / Gruner / Whiskey Soda Lounge (Portland, OR)
- Adam Saxton, Pinkberry (Dallas / Arlington, TX)
Sofer, Lockbusters (New York, NY)
Sonley, Saj Mediterranean Grill
- Joel Spainhour, Tucker Pup's Dog Activity Center (Chicago, IL)
View Yelp's Small Business Advisory Council in a larger map
Activities of the YSBAC shall include:
- A trip to Yelp HQ in San Francisco, CA for meetings
with Yelp's executive team.
- Participation in a monthly conference call that will provide early access to product and business updates, as well as the opportunity to offer feedback on features under development.
- Ongoing meetings with Yelp's individual business units to provide valuable input on existing features and policies and act as a sounding board for those in development.
- Serve as a resource for other business owners who have questions about the services and tools on Yelp.